The countdown to the introduction of the apprenticeship levy has started and People 1st has announced the creation of its Apprenticeship Network to provide insight and guidance to member businesses interested in keeping ahead of the curve on apprenticeship reform and the introduction of the levy.
The introduction of the apprenticeship levy in April 2017 will bring significant change and additional cost to businesses across the visitor economy. Although new apprenticeship standards, designed by employers, put businesses in the driving seat, a significant amount of detail on the new apprenticeship system has yet to emerge.
People 1st understand the challenges that face businesses in understanding the detail around the changes and ensuring their levy contribution makes a positive return. People 1st’s new Apprenticeship Network can help companies stay on top of the changes whilst gaining valuable insights from People 1st’s apprenticeship experts. Membership of the network will also provide a unique opportunity for businesses to share experiences and collectively overcome issues in preparation for the introduction of the levy.
Member benefits will include access to a broad range of information including:
- quarterly network meetings at which People 1st’s experts will review the latest news and developments in apprenticeships
- updates and analysis on the latest information as it emerges from government and other organisations on the implementation of the levy, and new apprenticeship system, procurement, apprenticeship delivery and assessment
- webinars and events supporting businesses to ensure they understand the basics and what they need to do next
- members’ only support materials
- access to People 1st’s apprenticeship consultants
For more information on becoming a member of the People 1st Apprenticeship Network, on upcoming events or on People 1st’s apprenticeship consultancy service, go to www.people1st.co.uk/apprenticeships.