The Institute’s new Management Standards provide a valuable reference tool and checklist to enable individuals and organisations to achieve success and professionalism in their hospitality management careers.
Peter Ducker FIH, chief executive, Institute of Hospitality, says: “A common complaint is that, as an industry, we are not very good at communicating career progression and yet, in terms of employee numbers and revenue, our sector is one of the largest in the world. Our new Management Standards are an important technical resource that reinforces hospitality management as a true profession.”
Authors Ruth Asker-Browne and Phil Raynsford says: “Aspiring managers can use the new standards at the start of their career to see the key areas they need to master to be able to do their job well.”
“They can then use them to investigate other areas of the business, to identify opportunities to build new skills and knowledge and to help improve in their role or help to plan for promotion or a career move.”
The Management Standards are essential for:
- Individuals – to help build a professional career in hospitality management
- Employers – to identify the roles and responsibilities required in their business
- Human Resource professionals – to aid recruitment, training, retention, career planning and progression and capacity building for their workforce
- Managers and leaders – to determine their continuing professional development
- Educators and training providers – to create learning programmes and benchmark against curriculum
- Careers advisors – to understand the wealth of opportunities and range of occupations within the industry
We are grateful for the expertise of the many individuals from across the industry and education who took part in the consultation to create our new Management Standards.
Members can download their free copy here
Non-members can view a sample of the New Standards and purchase a copy for £75 inc VAT