The summer issue of HQ Magazine will be arriving in the post shortly. Our main cover story takes a spin around the globe in a celebration of our international community of members.
From the mountains of Iraq to the beaches of Bangladesh, from the bright lights of Vegas to the dark waters of the North Sea, the Institute of Hospitality has passionate and dynamic members working in every imaginable location across the world.
In other features, participants in our recent roundtable discussion on Brexit and recruitment found creative ways to combat the reduction in available EU workers. Read the article here.
We also have informative and practical articles about raising money via crowdfunding platforms and how to employ home-based workers. Who knew that more than half of travel agents in the US work from home?
HQ Magazine comes out four times a year and is posted to members of the Institute of Hospitality and also available to read online. To receive your magazine become a member of the Institute of Hospitality or subscribe by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is a summary of this issue’s contents. A big thank you to all of our contributors.
- Stewart McKenzie FIH on the real satisfactions to be found in a healthcare catering career
- Adam Rowledge FIH SJS says more collaboration between industry, students and educators will benefit our industry at large
- Alexander Wilson MIH reflects on the long-lasting benefits of mentoring relationships
- Institute of Hospitality Awards 2017. Four Seasons Hotel London at Park Lane won Talent Development Team of the Year. Meet all our winners
- Hospitality Assured Awards 2017. Best UK newcomer is EMCOR UK on Three. Find out who else won these prestigious awards
- Brexit and recruitment. Our roundtable participants find creative ways to combat the reduction in available EU workers
- All four corners of the globe. Meet some of the Institute’s passionate and dynamic members who work in almost every imaginable location across the world
- Money in the crowd. Crowdfunding is not only an increasingly common way of raising finance; it’s one of the best ways to build brand loyalty
- Class of 2017 competition winners. Meet our three winning graduates who joined the Institute this year through our Class of 2017 scheme
- Get ready for new data protection law. Although it comes into law in the UK on 25 May 2018, businesses need to get GDPR ready now
- How to employ home-based staff. Yukari Iguchi FIH offers guidance on this potential solution to the skills shortage
- Memory Lane. John Wileman FIH looks back at some choice moments from a lifetime spent in hotel management
- Ovens, combis and microwaves. A round-up of the latest trends in oven design and technology and what’s on the market
- Data integration and revenue management. Pooling all of your data is essential to effective revenue management
- A postcard from Saudi Arabia. Hospitality and tourism are central to Saudi Arabia’s ambitions